Discover the Power of Whirling-an Intro to Alchemy Spinning Workshop with Raquel Santiago
This workshop is an invitation to explore and deepen our Alchemy Spinning practice –a powerful and yet accessible somatic modality at the intersection of mindfulness and movement, which promotes an intense creative and personal blossoming.
Whirling, rather than being a goal or a destination, becomes a spiral journey towards greater body wisdom, self-expression and self-knowledge.
In our practice we will use different forms of dance, movement, breath work, meditation, and contemplative art making.
For years Raquel Santiago has been exploring the whirling dances of the world to understand and distill their benefits, and to connect these with other disciplines and somatic wisdom traditions. The result is a truly unique discipline that bridges the somatic and the transpersonal realms, and that opens up new frontiers of discovery to professional dancers, dance lovers and novices alike.
What you will learn
- Develop a whirling super mindfulness practice
- Expand your consciousness, and reach a higher potential.
- Learn how to root yourself in the Earth
- Learn how to make energy flow along your spine.
- Balance your brain hemispheres.
- Activate your vertical axis –which connects Heaven and Earth along our spine.
- Activate your horizontal axis –which crosses our heart and projects our being into the world
- Connect your inner spirals with the larger spiral movements of our planet, our solar system, our galaxy, and beyond.
- Unleash our own power to heal yourself, your relationships, and the world.
The Alchemy Spinning™ practice is open to people of all ages, levels, and physical conditions.
We typically start off with nurturing, meditative, somatic practices that will prepare our bodies, minds and spirits for whirling. Once we are ready, we will create a safe, open space to share in the transformative experience of whirling. At the end of each session we will open a space for group integration and sharing.
February 22, 2020, 10am-1pm
As part of the Spacious Grace Arts Festival
Venue: Grace Cathedral, San Francisco, CA
Cost: Sliding scale $40-50/ Early Bird $35-50 until February 15, 2020.
December 15, 2019, 11am-2:00pm
Venue: Tot Dansa, Passeis de l’Estatut, 8, Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain.
36€ // 30€ Early Bird until December 8, 2019
Event on Facebook
December 14, 2019, 10am-2:00pm.
Venue: Alnöuart, Carrer Berga 36, Barcelona, Spain.
Cost: 55€ // 48€ Early Bird until December 7, 2019
Event on Facebook
November 03, 2019, 1:30-4:30 pm
Venue: Studio Azul, 2525 Eighth St #16, Berkeley, CA
Cost: $45//$40 Early Bird until October 27.