Alchemy Spinning Workshop at Grace Cathedral
Discover the Power of Whirling Workshop at Spacious Grace Arts Festival
February 22, 2020, 10am-1pm
Would you like to whirl in a big cathedral? Join us for an unforgettable workshop at the Grace Cathedral as part of Spacious Grace, the cathedral’s annual free-form arts festival when we remove the pews and invoke the muse. Now in its sixth year, Spacious Grace runs from February 7 to 22. Grace Cathedral shares San Francisco’s diverse and innovative character and strives to make the city and the world a better place for all. It is a sacred space and a place for community, through spiritual practice, public engagement, social justice and the arts.
This workshop is an invitation to explore and deepen our Alchemy Spinning practice –a powerful and yet accessible whirling modality at the intersection of mindfulness and movement, which promotes an intense creative and personal blossoming.
Whirling, rather than being a goal or a destination, becomes a spiral journey towards greater body wisdom, self-expression and self-knowledge.
In this workshop we will use different forms of dance, movement, breath work, meditation, and whirling dance.
For years Raquel Santiago has been exploring the whirling dances of the world to understand and distill their benefits, and to connect these with other disciplines and somatic wisdom traditions. The result is a truly unique discipline that bridges the somatic and the transpersonal realms, and that opens up new frontiers of discovery to professional dancers, dance lovers and novices alike.
What you will learn
- Develop a whirling super mindfulness practice
- Expand your consciousness, and reach a higher potential.
- Learn how to root yourself in the Earth
- Learn how to make energy flow along your spine.
- Balance your brain hemispheres.
- Activate your vertical axis –which connects Heaven and Earth along our spine.
- Activate your horizontal axis –which crosses our heart and projects our being into the world
- Connect your inner spirals with the larger spiral movements of our planet, our solar system, our galaxy, and beyond.
- Unleash our own power to heal yourself, your relationships, and the world.
The Alchemy Spinning™ practice is open to people of all ages, levels, and physical conditions.
We typically start off with nurturing, meditative, somatic practices that will prepare our bodies, minds and spirits for whirling. Once we are ready, we will create a safe, open space to share in the transformative experience of whirling. At the end of each session we will open a space for group integration and sharing.
Venue: Grace Cathedral,1100 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Cost: $40-50 Sliding scale/ $35 Early Bird until February 15th, 2020.
After the workshop there will be a whirling performance by Raquel Santiago, more info and register here
**More info about Spacious Grace Festival here